<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random Ramblings

 

Monday, May 14, 2007

Unusual People

While waiting for my transport home, I let my mind wander – not always a good idea, but it seem like a good idea this time. For some reason, it chose to venture into the realm of my mentors.

They are as different as night and day, yet to me they fulfilled a similar role – albeit two extremes of that role.

The first I was extremely apprehensive when I had to first meet her. From the stories I had heard about her, I was utterly uneasy and was hoping to make a good impression that day. Over the years, we have had a strange relationship. People on the outside might think we are insane, but it’s a just our style of communicating and the way we are together. I’ve grown so much under her tutelage – not just on the work front, but personally as well. In her own special way she has always shown concern onto me and I never imagined someone would care so much about me. So much so, I am unable to just brush her words or actions aside. Even at times, when I don’t say anything, she just seems to understand and be concerned enough to take time out of her busy schedule just for me. In my life, she has become one of the most important people to me.

The second, I actually have known longer than the first, but the first being such a strong character, the rest of us seems to pale in comparison. With her constant listening ear and always there to help me whenever I am in trouble, she is normally the first person I run to for sound advice. Everlastingly patience, she will slowly explain everything, so that I am able to grasp the entire situation. She is always there when I need her and tends to help me keep my feet grounded through all my craziness.

For two people who have never been mothers, it is quite amazing that they have shown me that a mother should really be. For a long time, I was at a lost to what “mum” really meant. But with them in my life, I see it a lot better and I no longer search for the answer as I have found it in the two of them. So this Mother’s Day, this is my tribute to them. Tho they will never read this, nor will I ever call them “mum”, in their own special ways, they have found a place in my heart that can never be removed, for they have shown me what it really means to worry and be concerned about someone.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home