<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random Ramblings

 

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Hi-Ho Hi-Ho

I’m sure at one point or another in our lives we have heard the adage - The journey is most important part of the trip – yet mostly people only see the destination.

Today, I took a bus to work; something I had not done in a long time. While waiting for what seemed to be too long a period, I got fidgety and quite annoyed in general; the heavy traffic didn’t help either.

After a while of my fidgets, I started to calm down – I do wonder what started my train of thought. I began to observe people on the bus. There would have been at least 20 – 30 people in my field of vision, yet at most, I saw 2 psuedo-smiles. Those people just did not seem very happy.

I looked out and saw that the sun was shining, the grass had this amazing green and suddenly, my day didn’t feel so bad. I watched people walking on the pavement, people in other cars and the environment around as the bus travelled – until I nearly missed my stop, there was a little pang inside wishing the ride could go on longer. I had forgotten how much I love people-watching; it is such an inane past time, yet one that gives so much fascination, hour after hour.

I got off the bus, with a spring in my step and tho I’m not a morning person, today’s morn was not that bad

"Too often we are so preoccupied with the destination, we forget the journey. -Anon"

2 Comments:

Blogger Mandrake said...

That quote was from Lao Zi

3/08/2006 5:18 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks dear for organiziaing last night's gathering...appreciate it and badly needed...

3/12/2006 11:39 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home