<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random Ramblings

 

Friday, February 17, 2006

How To Stay Young

I’m in the midst of doing some house keeping… of my computer to start with. With time, one tends to accumulate a lot of things that one doesn’t remember why it was kept in the first place. With the advent of computers – we have an extra space for clutter. De-cluttering is not as easy as one would hope. From finding mementos from a happy event or just things you would keep for remembrance, its hard to just throw everything out.

My room looks more like a junk yard than anything else. Boxes of things from my previous move still exist. In some way, I obviously don’t need them anymore, since I have not had the use for it in such a long period of time. But lack of space and planning – keeps the things in the boxes until I can find out a way to organise my life (which is in dire need of some semblance of order).

I’m growing older with every passing day but yet my demeanour says otherwise. In some ways I feel I’m wasting my life away and with the advent of some changes in my work life, the pressure to do something has increased at least ten-fold.

As I was trying to clear my Outlook (which has a lot of mail, you will be surprised if I told you), I came across this. I’m assuming a friend sent it to me, which I just put aside… now is as a good a time as any to make use of it.


1. Throw out nonessential numbers. This includes age, weight and height. Let the doctors worry about them. That is why you pay "them".

2. Keep only cheerful friends. The grouches pull you down.

3. Keep learning. Learn more about the computer, crafts, gardening, whatever. Never let the brain idle. "An idle mind is the devil's workshop." And the devil's name is Alzheimer's.

4. Enjoy the simple things.

5. Laugh often, long and loud. Laugh until you gasp for breath.

6. The tears happen. Endure, grieve, and move on. The only person, who is with us our entire life, is ourselves. Be ALIVE while you are alive.

7. Surround yourself with what you love, whether it's family, pets, keepsakes, music, plants, hobbies, etc. Your home is your refuge.

8. Cherish your health: If it is good, preserve it. If it is unstable, improve it. If it is beyond what you can improve, get help.

9. Don't take guilt trips. Take a trip to the mall, even to the next county; to a foreign country but NOT to where the guilt is.

10. Tell the people you love that you love them, at every opportunity.

AND ALWAYS REMEMBER:
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

And if you don't send this to at least X number of people - who cares? But do share this with someone. We all need to live life to its fullest each day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home