<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random Ramblings

 

Saturday, April 01, 2006

The award goes to…

…my grandma.

I asked/informed last night that I will drop by today to see her and after a haircut (which took too long and turned out disastrous) I quickly rushed over.

On the kitchen counter, was cut CNY sticky cake. Coz she knew I was coming over, she prepared some for me to eat since I liked it so much.

Everyone go awwwwwwwwww. So sweet right?

The minute I stepped thru the door, she asked me if I was hungry, if I had eaten – heck the fact that it was already after 2pm. I wasn’t really hungry as I had eaten lunch already, but she kept going on about some rice she had made. I felt that as a nice granddaughter, I should eat – so I said I would eat a little. She emptied all that was left into my bowl – it was a big bowl, enough for a lunch and a half I swear.

Being so full after eating the rice & sticky cake, I fell asleep on the couch. Terrible granddaughter I am. Go all the way there to see her, and I sleep.

I really miss her cooking, I should have brought home some of the noodles, as I type this, the hunger pangs are starting – might just be me being greedy and craving for her cooking.

So the award for nicest person, best grandma and every other related award should go to her. Having this warm feeling in my heart from knowing there is someone who cares is irreplaceable.

1 Comments:

Blogger nutcase said...

so happy dat u r blessed wif someone who cares so much for u...

i'm glad i hv one too

4/01/2006 12:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home