<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random Ramblings

 

Friday, July 08, 2005

Looking the way I do

So far, about 99 percent of the people who try to guess my age always end up at least three years older than I actually am. Most of them put me so near thirty its scary.

Yes, in a way the way I look has helped my work. No one takes me to be some ditzy fresh out of school kid which does not know what the hell she is doing. When I talk to people I meet through work, at least we have a level of understanding and respect. I don’t have to convince anyone I’m worth my salt.

But these looks have also brought me its fair share of problems. Besides the obvious one where I can’t walk down a street without being stared at, there are actually others.

I wish quite often (these days) that people would take me less seriously. I know, it sounds like a ridiculous request to some of you. But think about it, I’m stifled by the expectations I have to live up too. Many a time, I feel I can’t just do some insane / out of the ordinary / spontaneous or just act child-like, as I have to live to being this ultra responsible, stable, steady, reliable, etc person. Which I am often not.

It just wears me out really fast sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home