<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random Ramblings

 

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Blown away... I was

To cheer myself up cause of my lost phone (what, you don’t know what I’m talking about?!?! Go read my last post), I decided to go and watch Batman Begins.

WOW! I’m amazed. It’s my favourite Batman. Christian Bale portrayed the Dark Knight perfectly. After the past few Batmans (even a Batgirl, which was too big), it was beginning to fade, become some ridiculous comic to screen adaptation. But Christopher Nolan did a fantastic job on the whole (yes, a few scenes were a bit OTT and some ridiculous) and I think/feel this is the best Batman yet.

By showing the core of a man, it makes Batman a lot of reachable and understandable. How many people can actually identify with a billionaire "playboy" who dresses up like a bat to hunt people down? The beginning - when they were setting the story - was a good touch. It was just enough to make everything believable, but also put it slightly out of reach - it is Batman after all. For a man without any superhero powers, he is an enigma of his own. Struggling like any other human being with emotions - his fear of bats, guilt towards his parents death and even the revenge that he could not take - yet he also finds a level of acceptance that most cannot find and uses these emotions/anger to create "Batman"
The stunts were great and it doesn’t fail to deliver on the action. With a good storyline to set and later backup it was an easy watch. By means of Lucius Fox (Morgan Freeman), the gadgets were given a realistic view, such as the memory cape and Kelvar bodysuit instead of picking items from the sky, they all had some grounding we can associate it with. Thankfully, this Batman has no nipples on his suit. Come on, there is really no need for it… it just looks dumb. (Although for the men, there are prominent nipples on Katie Holmes).

I keep my fingers crossed that Christian Bale will do the next Batman – he is the best so far.

What others are saying:
Dose of reality
A comparative guide

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home