<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random Ramblings

 

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Woah.... so many in such a short span

In the last week, I’ve watched three movies – and I’m pleased to inform that all of them are great!!! It was a barrel of laughs and enjoyment with Madagascar, Mr & Mrs Smith and The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. My movie watching is so unbalanced - I can go for long periods of time without watching anything, and miss a gazillion shows and times like this, when I seem to be watching everything. With that, I give you a whole bunch of movie reviews by yours truely!

Madagascar
Yes, yes I know it’s a cartoon but an extremely enjoyable one. A bit over the top spoofs / mentions (New York Giants anyone?) but done pretty well and I was laughing like crazy. The little kid I watched it with (no not my cousin this time, coz she had already watched it earlier. Damn that child has a better/bigger/fuller social life than me, but I digress) was shaking along to the music. That damn song is still stuck in my head, "I like to move it to move it” – those lemurs were soooo hilarious. Psychotic penguins were a classic act I must say. For some reason it brings to mind that attachment that has gone around the world at least 5 times where one penguin wacks another on the back of its head and falls into the icy water. I just have one question, how come David Schwimmer also ends up in some nerdy, always in need role?

Mr & Mrs Smith
Of course being the action junkie that I am, this was my favourite show out of the 3 – Angelina Jolie definitely helped too! At the beginning of the movie, after seeing Miss Jolie for about 5mins on screen already, I whispered to my movie partner “Man, I wish I was a man!” and she burst out laughing at my statement. But seriously, that woman is so hot! Those pouty lips, the firm arse, and the amazingly endless legs – what is there not to like about her? It is a great action comedy and I’ll definitely watch it again coz I can’t get enough of the quips throughout the movie. Jolie & Pitt really can play off each other…

Hitchhiker’s Guide
This one was refreshing change… don’t ask me why. It just is. From the get-go it was exciting already, no long drawn out setting of scene type. And those out of the ordinary doors, Marty – it was wild ride not knowing what to expect. A bit of a usual ending but it was a good one nonetheless. Thanks Jerry for the great recommendation. I nearly didn’t catch it if not for his stamp of approval on this show.

See, movie theatres, its people like us who help you make money. How do you thank us? By raising your prices, like you don’t earn enough already…. As it is your snack counters make tons of money since cost price for making the stuff is so low.

Hehe, its been a busy week so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home