<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random Ramblings

 

Saturday, July 02, 2005

All part of this journey…

WARNING: This post might make you think of your mortality and what not.

In the last week and a half – I’ve met up with my insurance agent twice. Both times I have come away from the meeting feeling more pensive, older than I am and stupid. Why you might ponder (although I bet some of you agree with me being stupid), let me enlighten you.

We’ve been talking about options to increase my net worth – right now, its almost not even worth mentioning – to plan for my future, my retirement (?!?!?!) and for any accidents that might happen along the way. My current policy which I took up over 2 years ago now just doesn’t seem enough for any accidents / retirement. Therefore we are looking at options to fix that. At the same time, I’m going to invest my CPF money into some fund – I say some because at this moment there are 6 different funds that I’ve narrowed it down to. I have no idea what I’m reading so I’m taking forever to decide; don’t want to make the wrong decisions at all. Its serious business, you know. Hah!

All these just goes to show how unprepared I am for this adult world I live in. It just drives home the fact that I don’t have enough money (like I didn’t know this), that I’m clueless about investing, about insurance, about MY future and how I want to live and how I am going to be able to afford that lifestyle I want.

I think my agent has been quite accommodating with all my ridiculous and nonsensical and sometimes down right silly questions. The poor guy sometimes asks me questions on what I would like / want – and I can’t answer them sometimes. Hopefully, I can settle all these soon so that I can start feeling more secure over my future and have less pensive meetings. Brain cells running low I believe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home