<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random Ramblings

 

Monday, June 13, 2005

Growls, squeals and piaking!

A hilarious dinner and an extremely warming one (no I’m not talking about the climate only).

Since my friend and I both love steamboat; the plan was to go enjoy / treat ourselves one weekday night. After a few hurdles later, I was standing at the Marina Bay station for the late woman – even though she picked the later timing! Of course we both look like nutcases when she starts waving insanely when she spots standing there hungrily & grumpily. As if I am welcoming her back from some long trip, which she promptly tells me it felt like for her.

When we get to the place, we happily settle in & are raring to go after having a look at the spread. While we are picking our food, our live prawns arrive in some small container— piaking away that I was a bit fearful they might just knock the plate of the top and jump onto the road. First we started arguing (my friend & I, not the prawns) about the water temperature. She wanted to put them into the soup, but I insisted that it wasn’t hot enough, so we have to wait so we don’t torture them in lukewarm water. After which, we were all set to drop the prawns in—and they were still piaking so both of us we not sure what to do, coz she was afraid it might just flip hot water all over us. So imagine, 2 girls standing at a table, squealing (or somewhat near that) at the prospect of putting the darn prawns in. With much fanfare, squeals, grumbles and arguing, 2 of those prawns finally got dumped into the water. I swear, those prawns are feisty; till their last moments, they were still FLIPPING!! (I think this is the reason why there must always be guys when there is live stuff to cook) I believe these two nonsensical girls garnered a lot of unwanted stares even tho it was a weekday.

By the time we were done, we had ate & talked so much and such interesting conversation that was. For some reason, it had turned to dogs and what they would eat. I showed her how my old dog used to fight with this kid suspender he got hold of one (with growling sound effects too) – and the nut started laughing like crazy. Said I looked exactly as a dog would. Darn girl, I am a dog! According to her, her best friend does a great impression of her dog. I must see that one day, hahahaha

Great company and fun on a weekday night. Guess steamboat bbqs are good ideas for a weekday night. Anyone up for the next one?

Update 14/6/05: Now my hot friend says we need to knock the prawn on the head prior to putting it in the water. Anyone knows if there is any truth in that? Coz its going to be hell just to knock the damn bugger flipping prawn, let alone it's head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home