<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random Ramblings

 

Monday, April 18, 2005

On elevator music

Recently, my office building has been playing what one would term as "elevator music". You know, those pleasing sounds that would normally be played in an elevator? Except in my office, its blasted (ok so not really blasting) over the PA system. I thought I had to only endure this "torture" during December and just before CNY - when they play the tunes that can drive one mad. One Christmas, if I had heard that bloody Jingle bell tune - which was a bad version - one more time, I think I might have gone to the Building management and started singing to them!

Now, they've taken to playing instrumental oldies (mainly). I'm a huge fan of oldies - but this is pushing it. It sounds like only a piano playing and its getting on my nerves. In the past 2 weeks, I've heard the "piano" play Unchained Melody at least 8 times! Maybe if it was a full orchestra, it would be infinitely better. But its not, and it gets on my nerves.


Why would anyone in their right mind think that this crappy music would relax people?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home