<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random Ramblings

 

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

What does one say at this point of time?

There is nothing I can say here that would do him even a little bit of justice. He's been called the most influential man of this time, a political figure and many more. Yet, to many, he was just Our Holy Father - The leader of the Catholic faith; that isn't a small feat in itself. He has managed to do so much and has campaigned for so many different causes, the world will be different without him. He is the third longest serving Pope - a Papacy of 26 years. In those 26 years, he has done so much. He has canonised more saints during his time than any other Pope.

There are many things I respect him for - the fall of Communism; his undying support for the Youth - tho I still do not agree with some of his stands. Nonetheless, he was amazing person. Nothing seemed to hold him down, even being shot. I've got no one to compare him against (He is the only Pope I've ever known), but that doesn't matter. He has played a big part in my life and to me, and many others, what he has done doesn't need a comparison.

He has inspired many and touched many hearts. From the outpouring of grief, mourning, prayers and tears - it all signifies the extent to which this man has affected the world over. They are all right, he leaves behind BIG shoes to fill.

He will be missed by many.


P.S. The special coverage on CNN is now suddenly my favourite website to visit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home