<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random Ramblings

 

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

A Stranger's Footprints

I took my little baby cousin out today to watch the movie Robots today. While waiting for the MRT to take us to town, there was this old man that suddenly turned around (We were sitting on those benches in the middle of the two platforms) and said to me "You have a gift - of being able to connect with people". I think it was something like that... Hahaha my memory is seriously failing me.

We got to talking about being different, that his students were not like me. Said something about teaching for a number of years, but very few students could look at life like I do. It was a noisy train, so it was a bit hard to hear. And I was trying to make sure my little cousin didn't fall or get dragged away from me in the crowded train. We talked about all sorts of things, like when he came to Singapore ages ago, he was a confirmed bachelor. But he met his wife on the plane here.

Said that I should get married - find a man who was "stupid" enough to handle over all his money and dedicated his life to me. Hahaha yes, that man was kidding. He also referred to his wife sometimes as horrid - but he means it as a joke kind of thing. Which was quite sweet. He has been telling his daughter that she should get married too. Smart man tho, knows how to weed out his daughter's suitors.

Also mentioned that he wasn't surprised over the field I was in. He says its a suitable field... I told him I never thought I'll be so passionate over my job - and I've been doing it for 2 years in this company, yet its still a challenge.

He even recommended a book for me to read - Tuesdays with Morrie. Anyone read that before?

An interesting take on my life, from an older man. I have to say, he was right about a lot of things about me. Maybe I'll meet him again some day... Maybe I won't. But I'll remember the conversation, for a long time to come.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have that book..its a good bookie...luff al

3/16/2005 10:32 pm  
Blogger alexisphoenix said...

Really? I was trying to find someone who read it to get an opinion.

Thanks!

3/16/2005 11:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home