<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random Ramblings

 

Thursday, March 03, 2005

What are we building?

Today alone, I saw 5 different people plug into their iPods. No, this is not the green eyed monster speaking, do bear with me and read.

Yes, it has be come an institution of sorts. Apple is conquering the world of music as we know it. I'm not against Apple - I love Macs (My next computer is probably going to be a Mac). Those little white plugs with the pure white wires (at least when you first purchase it), are a dead giveaway for an iPod/iShuffle/iPod mini in the bag.

But what is becoming of us? Plugged in and we don't hear the sounds around us. I admit, I'm guilty of that with my CD player/FM receiver - but I do keep trying to hear the sounds around me. Out of those 5, at least 3 looked like they were in a world of their own. Its sad when we create barriers especially since so many have already been created for us - TV, internet, pigeon-holes also know as HDB flats (for my overseas friends, you might not get the last one. Sorry). How often do we meet new people nowadays? I can't say I've made a new friend outside of work in ages. That is how bad my life has become.

We should learn to break through those barriers - the younger generation (oh god, I feel so old just saying that) are so much more loners and I believe its a growing trend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home