<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random Ramblings

 

Sunday, February 27, 2005

My sanity keepers

Today, I'll introduce you to one of them.
______________________________________________________
On Friday I went over to a friend's place for dinner/potluck. I haven't seen this friend in ages - since beginning of last year when she was back from a break of her studies. She came back permanently in Dec, but the both of us have been busy. Ok, I digress... Back to the topic.

It was an interesting dinner - talking to people who work in an industry I'm contemplating entering. The little things they "whine" about - is problems I wish I had. As much as they might just "whine" a little about it, you can also hear it in their voices of them being proud of the same thing. We are all humans, and we sometimes just need to complain and have someone listen.
The night got me thinking about my direction in life and what do I really want to do. Yes, I enjoy my job, I'm passionate about it - as most people can testify - but it is getting to me, or at least some people that I work with is getting to me. I really enjoyed myself, and it was great to see her again. I've missed her so much and she has been there for me, without even being on the same island as me, much more than I can say for a lot of other people on this same small island as me.

The next night, unforeseen circumstances, had us meeting again. It was great to just talk to with her over drinks. With her, its easy just to say anything. Not really judgmental, and gives good advice at the same time.

Thank you Al - for listening to me, complain and whine... You will always be good company in my books. And yes, you need to wait awhile before what I want to do happens. Patience my dear, I need you around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home