<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random Ramblings

 

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

"One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind." ??

I so wanted to blog this last night, when I got home. But that “wonderful” idea brought a whole bevy of problems – when my connection didn’t work, and I had to start calling people to help fix it…which by the way, if anyone cares, is still not fixed and I’m so annoyed with a whole bunch of people. But that… is a different story for another post.

Me, the workaholic, working while being sick worked late again on Tuesday night. Between my fever, backache and just plain tiredness opposed to the choice of a nice comfy bed – who is going to choose the first one??

So walked down, to catch a cab home with my colleague. After standing there for a while, we decided to try the other road. By then, I was damn grumpy and annoyed and in a bad mood and was probably whining my head off – you need to ask my colleague to confirm – about the lack of cabs and the person who was trying to steal our cab by cutting in front of us.

On the other road, we stood as close to the traffic light as we could so no one else could cut (typical Singaporean right? Give me a break please, I am sick!). Suddenly this Chinese man starts walking towards us and stares at the same time. Hence, me being me, whines (I know this one for sure), “Why does stupid people always have to stare at me?” Since I was in a bad mood and all that jazz, was not willing to be looked at like a piece of meat, I continue on with my whining. He continues and walks past us, and even turns around to look! The gall of some people. *cue swearing* What do I do? Complain some more about the bloody annoying man.

Suddenly, he shocks us by turning around and walks back to us. These are the words that comes out of his mouth, in Mandarin: “Where are you two going? Maybe we can share cab.”

I am stunned, so is my colleague. She starts hemming and hawing while I’m trying to control myself. For some absolute strange reason, I get into a giggle fit – maybe it’s the relieve of the pure annoyance and irritation I was feeling just before that. Trying my best to control myself so he doesn’t see me laughing and also hiding behind my colleague at the same time is actually harder to do than it sounds. Thankfully, my colleague answered him after a long pause that we were going to the furthest corner of Singapore that she could think of and it was not on the way for him *phew*

What in the world possessed that stupid man? Was it a ploy to hit on us, travel with us, and get our numbers? Questions for the book of conspiracies there will never be answers too, like “Did we really land on the moon?”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home