<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random Ramblings

 

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Popeye’s Da Man

After hearing so many people wax lyrical over Popeye’s chicken, I decided that I should have a taste for myself. But the location put me off. Really, how many people is going to travel all the way to Changi Airport just to have a try.

It just so happened that I had to pick my friend up from the airport, so I decided I’ll use the opportunity to see what all the fuss was about.

Oh was I pleased! The chicken was amazing. So nice and crispy, without the dripping oil of some other chicken place. I loved the seasoning to the chicken – must be those nice Cajun spices giving it such a nice punch!


Also, honorable mention goes towards their mash potato! I’m such a mash potato fan, this one tastes so good; The gravy was their winning formula I bet. Also, their scone-like bun was not bad, tho I wish it was bigger, it just was finished too soon.

The fries on the other hand, are nothing to shout about. They had that taste, a bit like A&W curly fries, but something was sorely lacking. It just felt stale—oh well, it was a good meal in any case and I was not disappointed at all. Now to make more friends go out of town so I have an excuse.

Sorry for the odd looking photos, was in a hurry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home