<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random Ramblings

 

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

A Gift Of Life

Normally I am always the first to ignore emails with pleas of help – a lot of them are obviously fake and I can’t understand why so many people cannot see through it. When there are actual dates involved, it makes it either to confirm it for the truth or not.

But when a contact sends it to you, it makes it so much easier. When I read it – it hit a cord with me.

When I was younger (school days), I had a friend/schoolmate who suffered from leukemia. As time passed, I watched her wither away and we slowly grew apart. The school’s grapevine was good so I knew a bit of the things she was going through and we also had mutual friends. It was extremely hard to see her slowly disappear right in front of us and know that there was nothing we could do about it besides just watch from a distance as she fought her battle. It was a long and drawn out one, and unfortunately one she didn’t win in the end. In some way, some of the things I do, are probably because of her.

Now here is one more.

Chrissy Tan, was recently diagnosed with leukemia as well. From the pictures on JayWalk’s blog, my heart goes out to her, for the strength and courage she shows. Even tho she has received bone marrow for her treatment already, she is still organising a drive to increase the number of bone marrow potential donors in the registry. All that is required is a drop (or two of blood) for them to type and put it in the registry.

The details are:
Date: 5 November 2006, Sunday (only a few days away!!)
Time: 10am – 4pm
Venue: Aramsa - The Garden Spa Function Room; Bishan Park II

Here are some links

JayWalk’s entry on drive with all the pertinent information you would need. He is also going to be blogging about Chrissy over the next few days also, so you might want to check back

FAQ on bone marrow donation

Aramsa Spa
You can go make a day of it and book yourself some spa treatments as well. I’ve passed the spa before, it looks gorgeous.

If you can, please do pass this information around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home