<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random Ramblings

 

Thursday, September 22, 2005

Degrees of importance

As much as I distance myself from my family at times (they are nuts ok?), they will always be top priority for me – despite the yelling of “false statement” from some chapters.

I have just found out what a warped sense of priority my family has.

Last week, I found out my aunty was in hospital and was only release from ICU late in the week. Believe it or not, she was in ICU for about 3 weeks before anyone said anything to me. She had to undergo major surgery. In this period of time where technology is so widely available… it is very strange that no one said anything.

Yes, on its own it seems strange; that my comment has no grounding. On Sunday afternoon, my quiet time is shattered by my phone going off. Lo and behold, this is the message from one of my aunts. “Aunty gave birth this morning”

Unbelievable is the only word that comes to mind (ok, so there are others words, but I shall be a good girl). One would think that major surgery would be something that would be quickly informed…

Oh well, at least I went to see the aunt that had major surgery. She seemed genuinely shocked to see me walk in with my grandma. I have to say, my young cousin is extremely worldly wise in some way. It wasn’t so much what he said his mother, but the tone by which he used.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home