<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Random Ramblings

 

Friday, August 26, 2005

Thought-provoking

I’m going to be a bit more forthcoming with information today… It hasn’t been an easy two weeks plus for me.

I just came across this speech by Steve Jobs today – strangely, I stopped and actually read it instead of speeding through it like I do a lot of things. Just do me one favour – try actually reading it – print it out and sit in one quiet corner if necessary.

Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick. Don't lose faith. I'm
convinced that the only thing that kept me going was that I loved what I did.
You've got to find what you love. And that is as true for your work as it is for
your lovers. Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only
way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only
way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep
looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you
find it. And, like any great relationship, it just gets better and better as the
years roll on. So keep looking until you find it. Don't settle.


Yet, something in this entire speech called out to me. I don’t know exactly why yet or if there is really something in there. Think I’ll re-read it again next week; maybe I’ll find it

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home